Monday, July 2, 2012

The End of Runebearer (or at least the website)

Over the weekend, I let the Runebearer site expire. At this stage, no one is interested in Runebearer, but for the people who are already playing Runebearer... and I know almost all of those folks. So, instead of leaving the site open and thinking about how I really ought to be updating it on a regular basis, I decided to drop it. All of the files I am editing are in a Dropbox folder, and most everyone who needs the files can get to them.

I might work on getting the files (or links to them) up on this blog, but then I would have to kick myself monthly about not updating this (largely unread) blog... and I would be back to square one. For now, I think I will just lay the game to rest until a better idea comes to me.

10 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about this - I'd heard it recommended, but found the site expired when I got there. Any chance I could get hold of the PDF?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, I can get you a zip file if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is a link to a public dropbox folder with the Word documents. If there is anything I can do for you or questions I can answer, feel free to ask.

    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o2ttv80yonk0n1j/1q6CidolpU

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to let you know something, the last time I played runeberer was more than 7 years ago, today a friend and I talked about good gaming systems & worlds. We both remembered runebearer , I even remembered the "the dead danced ....only i remained to witness to the end of days “. I came here looking for the pdf for me friend's gaming group. Any way, you are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words. It is certainly nice to hear from *anyone* outside my little gaming circle that has played Runebearer. I am glad you enjoyed the game and hopefully you will see fit to check out the latest versions -- a lot has changed in 7 years system-wise.

      Delete
  5. it seems to me you borrowed ideas from Powers & Perils, am i right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am absolutely not above borrowing stuff, but not as much from P&P... because I never had a chance to read AH's epic RPG. I wish I had though, since I am a big sucker for Avalon Hill's classic games.

      I borrowed a ton from Hero, Aftermath, Jorune and later on, I swiped a bit from 3.5.

      Delete
  6. Do you have any maps for the Bostonia area?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some... somewhere. Let me check around and see if I can't post something for you.

      Delete
  7. I put a link to the Dropbox of all the Word docs in the sidebar. In addition, I zipped up everything and put it at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o2ttv80yonk0n1j/1q6CidolpU

    ReplyDelete